Medical Devices and System Components
Precision metal components contribute to reliable device function for quality health care
Medical and surgical instruments, implantable hardware and drug delivery devices are being revolutionized every day. Robots are used in the operating room to aid surgical precision. Drug delivery systems are becoming smarter and readily connected to the IoMT, while surgical sharps are getting smaller and more complex for specialty applications.
As a trusted precision components supplier to the medical industry, Economy Spring & Stamping doesn’t just produce the components that improve the performance of devices, we strive to continuously improve and create reliable products. We are a market leader with advanced technology. That allows OEMs and contract manufacturers to get their devices to market within tight development timelines while meeting ISO quality standards.
Also, because highly-engineered, micro-sized components like medical device springs, medical device stampings, wire forms, bellows, needles, cannulas and electrical device contacts make smaller devices possible, we continually invest in our people and advanced processes that result in a highly skilled and nimble workforce.
Economy Spring & Stamping diligently maintains ISO standards and medical industry best practices, from development to new controlled processes that can be validated. Our FDA registered facility includes a Class 8, ISO 100,000 certified clean room for light assembly and specialized packaging.
Our engineering team will assist with validation protocols and our FDA registration will ease the device listing process that further supports the project. With so many product development capabilities and quality processes in house, your commercialization plan can be realized.
Medical Device Prototyping
Rapid prototyping for medical device components to support design and product development
Economy Spring & Stamping partners with you to accomplish speed-to-market goals with rapid prototyping for medical devices as well as aerospace and industrial products. We have invested in the equipment and personnel necessary to create prototypes for engineering review in just a few days, depending on design complexity and materials. Medical device prototyping can be completed in as little as 3-5 days.
Rapid prototyping products include springs, wire forms, stamped components, tubes and needles, and product assemblies. Among others, Economy Spring & Stamping’s rapid prototyping includes services such as:
- Medical device design consulting and engineering assistance
- In-house 3-D printing, EDM services, and tool room
- Manufacturing feedback
- Drug delivery system components
- Telemedicine system components
- Electrical device contacts
- Surgical staples and sharps
- Laparoscopic device hardware
- Medical device tubular components and cannulas
- Hypodermic needles
- TVAR/HVAD components
- Surgical robotic components
- CNC coiling and wireforming: wire diameters from 0.0015 to 0.162 inches
- Micro-forming expertise for springs, stampings, implants and needles
- Stamping and fourslide: flat material thicknesses from 0.001 to 0.312 inches
- Laser Swiss CNC technology for machining, welding and ablation
- Consolidation of excess suppliers and reduce number of locations to validate
- ISO 8, Class 100,000 clean room
- Easier regulatory reporting: assemblies leave Economy Spring & Stamping complete and ready-to-use. The device listings can be reported as needed directly to the FDA to support submission
- In-process inspections & “dock-to-stock” shipments with advanced metrology and reporting to support commercialization efforts
Economy Spring & Stamping