Electrochemical technology gives you the cut you desire with a perfect finish
Because medical needles and other sharp components often need precision cutting to micro tolerances, electrochemical grinding (ECG) is an essential part of Economy Spring’s capabilities. Using electrochemical technology, we can cut and grind bar stock or tubes to micro sizes or with lengths up to 16 inches. Any unique geometry idea you present to us is possible. That includes all the modifications necessary to make them distinct. Not only do our modern ECG grinders create parts to exacting specs, they have a smoother finish without the burrs associated with conventional grinding processes.
Our ECG grinding shop can process challenging metals as well as stainless steel and medical alloys. When your component demands high quality and an unblemished finish, Economy Spring can grind it to perfection.
- Tube or bar stick cutting and grinding
- Cutting/grinding to any size or shape from micro-size pieces up to as long as 16 inches
- Ideal for stainless steel, medical-grade alloys, and other difficult-to-process materials.
- Cost effective for complex designs
- Smooth, burr-free finishes
- ISO 9001 and ISO 13485
- ISO 8, Class 100,000 Clean Room
- FDA Registered
- ITAR Certified
- NESMA (New England Scientific Manufacturers Association)
- SMI (Spring Manufacturers Institute)
Our ECG grinding equipment accommodate:
- Wire diameters less than 1 mm
- Tubes as long as 16 inches
- Workpieces requiring multiple cuts
- Highly specialized applications.
Economy Spring & Stamping